Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Confirmation!

I was in Tennessee to visit my mother from Sunday until TG. I had expected my monthly visitor on Tuesday of my visit. (She was expected, but not wanted!) If I've found out anything over the past 5 months, it is that all symptoms of pregnancy are also symptoms of PMS (which is actually not very "pre" for me, it almost always shows up the day of... ) Anyhow, I'd had a slight few symptoms this month. On Tuesday, I still had no cramps, but that isn't that odd, my cycle can vary by a couple of days and usually the cramps join the mark of the monster. (Yes, I'm being cryptic, mostly because I expect at some point some man will read this and be grossed out). Anyhow, no cramps. By Thanksgiving, I still hadn't gotten my visitor, and I was actually cramping, which made no sense to me, and I was thinking - oh man, this is going to be a doozy if I am cramping already!
I came home Thursday night. I didn't want to get too excited about the thought that I might be pregnant. I'd never known that being pregnant can have cramps, too. They were slightly different cramps than normal, not in the usual location. And I'd been running to the poddy A LOT. Not to mention that I didn't even really want to eat on Thanksgiving - I'd been feeling a little nauseous almost every day - including when Mom and I went to eat Mexican food which was delicious but had me thinking it was not going to stay down at all. Oh yeah, and getting less than 10 hours of sleep left me feeling super tired all day. So those 4 "typical" preggo symptoms combined with my very weird vivid dreams....
I tested Friday morning (at like 6 am when Sierra woke up to poddy). It took about 2.5 seconds for that thing to come up with two blue lines, so apparently the hormones are in FULL swing. And we we hopefully be bringing a happy, healthy baby into our house around the 4th of August, 2009!!!!
I went back to bed, and woke up around 8 am. I already knew how I wanted to tell Dale. I cooked breakfast and then took a hamburger bun and put it in our top oven. I told him breakfast was ready and I needed him to look at something. He got up and came in the kitchen and I said "Look in our oven, there's something in there" he opened the oven and looked inside and picked up the bun and said "What? Who put this there?" I said "You did!" He gave me this really weird look and I know he was thinking I was a freak (since he never uses hamburger buns for anything) and then I said "There is a bun in our oven!"

No comments:

Post a Comment